Saturday, July 4, 2009

MOMMY!

When is it to be a mother? What is it to be a mother? How is it to be a mother? There are so many unanswered questions on my mind. Some of my aunts say that being a mother is no joke at all. From the moment a woman gets pregnant, she is called a mother. She’s responsible for the child inside her. And when she gave birth, her life really changes. Her priority is not herself anymore, but the child instead.

My mother and I are very close to each other. We are like best friends. I share my secrets to her sometimes and even exchange jokes with her. Even though I treat her as my best friend, I know my limitations. I still respect her to the fullest and give her my love and care. I know it when she’s sad because she starts to keep quiet as if she has her own world. And my mother is a drama queen like me. Whenever we watch dramas on television, we easily cry and my dad will just laugh and say, “Like mother, like daughter”. I love my mother so much. She raised us as good people and taught us every value she knows. My mother is not a quitter, she’s a fighter. And one last thing that I won’t forget, she never forgets to tell us, to thank God for every little thing we receive.

There are instances that we get mad to them because they do not allow us to do what we want. That is why because our mothers know what is best for us. We shouldn’t dictate what should they do, but instead listen to them. We sometimes do not know anymore what to do because of their strictness. We do not know what they feel, but in the future, we’ll all know what it feels like to be a mother.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Karla!

    It's nice to read those nice things about you and your mom... My mom is also my best friend. She knows even my crushes. :)

    Yep, we have to obey our parents... Indeed, they know what is best for us because God gives them wisdom in guiding us. :)

    ReplyDelete